Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bagels!

This weekend I finally had some time to just sit around, and I made bagels. I was inspired after one of the other volunteers made a recipe that involved boiling bread dough, and I realized that if I was already making bread it shouldn't be that much harder.

The taste definitely reminds me of home! (Even though they're not quite up to 'New York Bagel' standards yet). Plus, I figure if I can't get a job when I get back, maybe I can sell bagels on the street (I actually really like that idea...)

I also had a difficult time trying to explain them to Patricia, the Spanish girl here: ...Son una comida tipica de los judios en nueva york...O sea, no es que todos los judios comen bagels todos los días...tal vez son más una comida tipica newyorqueña...pero también lo comen en muchas partes de los Estados...umm, no sé.

Any better ideas for describing bagels to foreigners?

1 comment: