Thursday, July 15, 2010

Un foto, y an entertaining conversation

This is the view from right outside the volunteer house (which is to the right of this photo, but not in it).

Anna, to answer your question briefly- the living situation here is pretty nice (the cold showers are still rough, though). There's a great volunteer house that has a big garden in the middle, with a kitchen, hangout area, and meeting room on one side, and then rooms all around. The other volunteers are really nice, some of them have been here 6 months, some are new like me, and some are just finishing up their 13 months now, so there are lots of different experiences and everyone is really helpful!

Also, a fun story:

This morning I was working in the kitchen. We were making bread and the girls I was working with were laughing at me for not knowing how to make different kinds of bread. So, to defend myself, I asked them if Honduran men all know how to make bread. At that point, one of the women who works in the kitchen walked by and responded "The only thing Hondruan men know how to make is children".

No comments:

Post a Comment